Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hike to Alberta Falls

On Labor Day we went up to Estes Park and then went into Rocky National Mountain Park and did a little hike to Alberta Fall. We had a great time and the hike is perfect for families.


All along the way they have these big boulders that kids loved to climb on. This, I think, is the biggest one.
This little squirrel actually ran and jumped into Emerson's hand and then ran away. It did it so fast I missed it, but here is the shot just before the squirrel jumped.
Here is my little man Weston, who is a little close to the edge for my comfort. Just on the other side of that rock he is sitting on is a drop off.
Can you spot Peter? Hint.... dark blue jacket top of the falls
I like this picture of Emerson. To me it looks like I cut her picture out and glued it onto this background. But nope this was along the hike.

You can see Weston was having fun in the water

WOW.... just a little too close haha
Nothing like an ice cream cone after a good hike.

2 comments:

The Grapers said...

Wow look what I missed! It looks like you guys had a great time! I miss you too gf Thursday for sure.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

What a fun day!!! The smile on the kids faces say it all!